● Studio-grade cleans, rock-ready crunch, and searing high gain in one channel
● 3-band EQ and a bright switch are all you need for tonal tweaking
● Carefully chosen tube complement fills your tone with rich harmonics
The benefits of a short signal path
From the very first note, you’ll understand the tonal magic that comes with the Big Max’s shortened signal path. Without a truckload of switches and controls in its way, your notes are free to sing out of your speaker the same way you played them.
● Unrivaled touch response allows you to “play the amp”
● 3-band EQ for effortless tonal shaping
50-watts of KT77 power
To get the most from the Big Max, Diezel chose to power the amp with a duet of KT77 power tubes. Well known for their clarity, bottom end, and reliability, the KT77s give this amp plenty of punch for any situation.
● 2 x KT77 power tubes
● Presence and Deep controls in the power section fine-tune your sound
● 45 Watts All Tube Head
● Tubes: 2 x KT77, 3 x 12AX7B & 1 x CV4004
● Single-channel design
● 2 x distinct inputs (High/Low)
● Global input bright switch
● Series Effects loop
Dimensions: 11.5"(L) x 23.25"(W) x11.5"(H)
Weight: 41 lbs.
The old-school nature of the Big Max 50-watt amp head is quite a departure for Diezel. Unlike some designs that feature several channels, tone-shaping switches, MIDI, and more, the Big Max’s single-channel construction is purity in its finest form. This KT77-powered amplifier is carefully engineered to take you from our bell-like cleans to Diezel-grade distortion. We feel that benefits such as unparalleled touch sensitivity, the amp’s pedal-friendly nature, and ease-of-use make the Big Max one of the most exciting amps in our history. In a world of unending electric guitar gear options, we think you’ll find the simplicity of plugging into, and cranking up the Big Max a life-changing tonal experience.
More tone than meets the eye
When it comes to single-channel tube amps, not many can come close to the sheer versatility of the Big Max. Not only does the gain control take you through every shade of drive imaginable, but you’re sure to love every stop along the way.